Thursday, August 28, 2008

Today is Thursday, And...

This morning, the whole house woke up feeling better. I feel a little better because I actually slept last night (and could breathe). Tessa slept really well, too. We had breakfast together and then went to the grocery store. Tessa behaved herself like I've never seen. She even held onto the cart as we walked to the car and "helped" me get it there OK. I had to stop and tell her how proud I was of her good behavior. She shrugged her left shoulder up to her ear and smiled. She was so thrilled with herself. If only that were enough incentive to keep things like this from now on.

Our Life Group has started a short study of the book, The Shack. It is going to be a challenge to many people in that group--including me. I think it will get people thinking about blurring some of their harsh black and white lines into grey. Which is always a good thing, but a little scary at first. Like, for instance, the book asserts that Jesus comes to get us off whatever path we are on to save us. In other words, our response is only that--a response to the work He already did. That will be a change from the "Be baptized for the remission of your sins" thinking. It might lean us towards the "Be baptized because Jesus' blood has washed away your sins". The only real difference is that the power and glory is shifted from us to God (where I think it should be anyway). Still, like I said, this is grey matter and hard to know the exact dimensions of. Salvation is a great mystery of eternal workings and power. I can't wait to get to heaven and see salvation from God's point of view.

Pray for me. Anthony might be catching my cold. I would say pray for Anthony, but I will be the one wanting to kill him. I must resist the urge....

My Women's Bible Study starts up Tuesday. I am leading Blackaby's Experiencing God. I've never done the study before, but everyone who has raves about it. So it should be a great avenue to gaining a more personal relationship with the Lord and other women in my church as well.

Tessa met her pre-school teachers yesterday. Her class age-group spends a lot of time on potty training. They try to get everyone potty trained before the class ends. I think it's wonderful to have other people helping me potty train her. Like teammates.

Well, today and tomorrow mark the last two days of summer vacation for me and Tessa. Our time together will drop from EVERY day, to Thursdays and every other Friday. She is going to love the change, and SO AM I!!!!!!!!!!! I just know I will be a different person with some "me" time. I might even have nice fingernails, eyebrows and hair just as a result of more time for "me". ;)

No comments: