Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tessa's Pick of the Week

BUGS = COOL

I was unloading the dishwasher this morning when I heard a crash come from the living room. The crash was the sound of Tessa falling in her haste to get to me in the kitchen. She was yelling,

MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!!!!!!

(Yes, Momo is gone...sigh). She burst around the corner and said,

Look at that! See that?

and she pointed inside her mouth. I looked inside wondering what I would see (I'll be honest here, I was a little reluctant to know). I didn't see anything, but I said,

WOW! What is that?

To which Tessa swelled her chest out and replied (with obvious pride),

A BUG!

I looked again, still seeing nothing, but I asked,

Did you eat a bug?

And Tessa leaped in the air and yelled

YES!!!

with a huge smile on her face. Trying to suppress my laughter, I said,

Oh! What did it taste like? Was it yummy?

Tessa looked at me seriously for a moment and then said

Bug was dirty. See that?

And she pointed in her mouth again. I explained to her that she shouldn't eat bugs or other dirty things she might find on the floor. While explaining this, with little point I'm sure, Daddy called. He was on speaker and immediately Tessa began jumping up and down in her excitement to tell him about the bug. When Tessa gets excited, she sounds like

WafimstasruksfordurtysanthesgubanthesBUG! See that?

So usually, the person listening will gather about 2 words--just enough to get the gist.

JONAS BROTHERS = NOT COOL

My new camera is supposed to get here tomorrow, so I am anticipating that. I can't wait to start snapping pictures everywhere. It would have been so easy to get a picture of Tessa holding her mouth open and pointing inside this morning if I had a working camera. Another exciting thing happening tomorrow is the big ultrasound that will reveal whether we are having a boy or girl. I am 22 weeks pregnant right now, so it's a few weeks later than usual. Oh well. We are pretty excited. I will be sure to write about it then.

Oh yeah, and then there was the Jonas Brothers. I took Tessa to the Great Clips by our house to get her bangs trimmed again. She remembered the routine exactly. From hopping into the chair, to sitting really still. She did great. Her favorite part is at the end, of course, when they give her a sucker. Before they even offered, she hopped around and yelled sucker. So I reminded her of her manners--hahahahahahahahaha (sorry, I had to get a hold of myself there)--and she said please and thank you in her charming way. The hair dresser then asked her if she would like a poster of the Jonas Brothers. Tessa just stared (she has Proverbs 17:28 down pat). So the lady handed her a rolled up poster. Tessa held it in her hand a few moments looking from it to the sucker in her other hand and back again. Making her decision, she handed the poster back. I'm sure she felt like it was a no-brainer, but maybe was trying to not hurt the lady's feelings. So we left Great Clips plus one watermelon flavored dum-dum, and minus one Jonas Brothers poster. I think we got the better end of the deal. ;)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Eating bugs... yummo. That is funny she is so proud of that. Luckily my boys (knock on wood) haven't eaten a bug yet.

What kind of camera are you getting? DLSR?! Does this mean we will get lots of cute pics of my new niece/nephew!