Friday, August 15, 2008

Singing Mice and Birds Not Included

We just ended a day that never left the 50s! And it rained the whole day! It was a strange day to have in August because it really felt like fall. Tessa and I snuggled on the couch and watched Cinderella together. She hardly ever gets to watch TV, and it is a huge treat for her to get to watch a whole movie (all 76 minutes of it!). She loves to point out princess things whenever she sees them. I think she was a little enchanted with Cinderella and her animal friends.

When Anthony got home, he took his cabin-fevered family to the mall where we could run amok through the stores and go up and down all the escalators. I actually freak out about escalators. I keep having images of Tessa's foot getting sucked down through the iron teeth. Or a part of her clothing. I always have to hold onto her when we hop on one of those. She hates it and wants to do it all by herself, but that is one of those things I won't bend on!

We spent some time in the Disney store. Tessa enjoyed pointing out all of the princess gear to her daddy. A funny note: she calls the prince on Cinderella "daddy". And he doesn't have a goatee.

I picked up a hot chocolate for the ride home. It tasted sooooo good. Of course, I only drank half of it. I asked for a small, but I guess they only had one size which looked like large to me. When we got home, I put the half-full drink on the counter and went to take a shower. When I got out, I could hear sounds of tickling happening in Tessa's room. Anthony was changing her into her pj's for bedtime. I walked in and saw that her shirt was COVERED in chocolate. As was her face and neck. I guess I hadn't pushed the drink far enough back on the counter. Anthony said she "might" have had a drink of my hot chocolate. I looked down at Tessa and asked her if she had some of Mommy's drink. She said, very cheerfully, "YES!". I asked her if it was good, and she chirped out another "YES!". There was no shame in her voice or knowledge of wrong-doing in her eyes. Just a complete admittance of a very enjoyed beverage.

I am about to get off this computer to go watch a movie with the SO. We love our new TV--we are literally the last people we knew who hadn't succumbed to the huge TV urge. So it's still new and fun to watch movies in the dark. Bye!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

loved the post, but excuse my ignorance....what does SO mean?

Jen said...

SO means Significant Other