She would lie flat on the floor when someone walked by--I guess she thought they couldn't see her or something.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
And I guess the other two problems are the dogs and Anthony. See, our neighbors have this grape vine that gets fruit this time of year. Then the raccoons come to eat off of it at night. The dogs go berserk barking at the raccoons. Anthony runs down to make the dogs stop barking before the neighbors can't sleep either. I have been letting Anthony get out of bed and deal with this problem because, well, it's hard to get up and down in your third trimester. But I am about to take matters into my own hands. Anthony thinks he can run off the raccoons. He comes into the bedroom after being out in the yard and running around the house panting and giving me a play by play at 2:30 in the morning. "And there was this one big one.....And I got a rock.....Just hung there looking at me!!" I keep telling him that raccoons will not be run off by suburban men carrying rocks when food is involved. I pleaded with him to just bring the dogs in the house. But no. He has to outsmart the raccoons. He actually mentioned something about a man defending his territory. Here is what the raccoon said:
So we'll see how it goes tonight. Anthony might just be sleeping in the basement where he can better "defend" his territory.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
1. I can't sleep unless the covers are just right. I am not one of those people who flings their body into the bed and doesn't care whether their feet stick out or the comforter is half on the floor. In fact, one of my favorite ways to relax is to take a nice hot bath or shower, slip into some cozy pj's and then slide between perfectly clean 1,000 thread count, wrinkle free, perfectly placed sheets on a perfectly made bed. This is always followed by a few moments to myself to read a book before my husband flings his body into bed and maneuvers half the comforter onto the floor with his careless tossing and turning in the night. Oh well.
2. I have amazingly vivid dreams that are more like movies with entire plots and a slew of characters. Anthony has always enjoyed our lazy Saturday mornings where we wake up together and I can relate the latest blockbuster in my head. And he should, since most all of his dreams (that he remembers) involve violence and peril. Which gets boring after a while. And might account for his careless tossing and turning in bed at night.
3. I like to take my sandwiches apart to eat them. I have been this way since I was a kid, and I'm not sure how it got started, but I will make a sandwich and then sit down and take it apart eating each ingredient one at a time. This doesn't work with PB&J, but most everything else. Anthony will pause in eating his own sandwich to watch me eat mine. He thinks it's funny and will tease me to no end about it. Tessa also likes to take apart her sandwiches. She even manages to make it work with PB&J. Anthony swears she inherited that from me.
4. I have a degree in Mathematics and I am married to a Mathematician. Anthony was three years ahead of me in college, so I would sometimes pick his brain for help in my more difficult classes. That was not so good for our relationship. It's one of those things I don't tell people about, and it usually surprises them to know.
5. I think Sophie Kinsella was channeling me when she wrote the Shopaholic series. Mostly. I know the Becky Bloomwood character is a little bit more ditsy than me (please let me have this one). Plus, she is in no way a Christian, but otherwise we are the same person. That probably revealed more about me than I wanted.
6. This is hard! Ummmmm.....My favorite smell in the whole world is Home Depot. Seriously, when I walk into one, my nostrils automatically flare while I breathe deeply the aroma of wood, dust, and potting soil. It almost gets me high I love it so much. I'm craving the smell just sitting here writing about it.
OK. That does it for me. It wasn't as easy as I thought! I tag Melanie H, Christina M, and Nicole P. Have fun!!!!
Friday, September 5, 2008
I'm sure Tessa did many other things to charm the pants off her teachers in the following two hours. They just didn't mention anything. Probably because there were too many cute stories to choose from.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
The Tuesday morning Women's Bible Study has also started at our church. It is off to a great start. Plus they give us free baby-sitting. I mean, you really can't beat that! I am very excited about my group--it's small and intimate. And I think everyone in there is ready for a closer walk with the Lord. It's so much better to step out of ones comfort zone with others beside you.
Well, that's all for now. I hope y'all have a blessed weekend!