Friday, September 5, 2008

Breakin' Out

Today was the first day of MOPS! It started off with a prison break! I dropped Tessa off at her classroom (at the end of the hall) and went back to the first of the hall to chat with a friend. Then I heard someone yell, "We have an escapee!". I turned to look, and here comes Tessa running so fast that her hair is a straight line behind her head. And she has that look on her face that one could only call desperate hope. Her eyes were wide and she was leaning back slightly at the waist while her upper half tried to keep up with her lower half. She got halfway before she was grabbed from behind. As they teacher turned her back to her room, all hell broke loose. Here, I saw a little of me in her when I usually see so much Anthony. Where Anthony would have been resigned to his fate, Tessa was the complete opposite. That 2.5 seconds of freedom just tasted too sweet.

I'm sure Tessa did many other things to charm the pants off her teachers in the following two hours. They just didn't mention anything. Probably because there were too many cute stories to choose from.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I can just see this from your description! How funny! I hope she ended up having a fun time.

You really need to write a book.