Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been tagged to write 6 random things about myself on my blog. This will take a little bit of thinking, but since I like talking about myself, it should be fun!

1. I can't sleep unless the covers are just right. I am not one of those people who flings their body into the bed and doesn't care whether their feet stick out or the comforter is half on the floor. In fact, one of my favorite ways to relax is to take a nice hot bath or shower, slip into some cozy pj's and then slide between perfectly clean 1,000 thread count, wrinkle free, perfectly placed sheets on a perfectly made bed. This is always followed by a few moments to myself to read a book before my husband flings his body into bed and maneuvers half the comforter onto the floor with his careless tossing and turning in the night. Oh well.

2. I have amazingly vivid dreams that are more like movies with entire plots and a slew of characters. Anthony has always enjoyed our lazy Saturday mornings where we wake up together and I can relate the latest blockbuster in my head. And he should, since most all of his dreams (that he remembers) involve violence and peril. Which gets boring after a while. And might account for his careless tossing and turning in bed at night.

3. I like to take my sandwiches apart to eat them. I have been this way since I was a kid, and I'm not sure how it got started, but I will make a sandwich and then sit down and take it apart eating each ingredient one at a time. This doesn't work with PB&J, but most everything else. Anthony will pause in eating his own sandwich to watch me eat mine. He thinks it's funny and will tease me to no end about it. Tessa also likes to take apart her sandwiches. She even manages to make it work with PB&J. Anthony swears she inherited that from me.

4. I have a degree in Mathematics and I am married to a Mathematician. Anthony was three years ahead of me in college, so I would sometimes pick his brain for help in my more difficult classes. That was not so good for our relationship. It's one of those things I don't tell people about, and it usually surprises them to know.

5. I think Sophie Kinsella was channeling me when she wrote the Shopaholic series. Mostly. I know the Becky Bloomwood character is a little bit more ditsy than me (please let me have this one). Plus, she is in no way a Christian, but otherwise we are the same person. That probably revealed more about me than I wanted.

6. This is hard! Ummmmm.....My favorite smell in the whole world is Home Depot. Seriously, when I walk into one, my nostrils automatically flare while I breathe deeply the aroma of wood, dust, and potting soil. It almost gets me high I love it so much. I'm craving the smell just sitting here writing about it.

OK. That does it for me. It wasn't as easy as I thought! I tag Melanie H, Christina M, and Nicole P. Have fun!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Jenn,

I'm grinning from ear to ear about your entry, and am excited to be tagged. Let's see if I actually follow through with this now!!

:)