Sunday, April 13, 2008

Makes me want to sing!

Our little family has been blessed by the Lord lately. First, we had a quick visit from Grandma and Grandpa Todd. Tess thoroughly enjoyed showing off and having long conversations with them. She is so good at bringing smiles out in people!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. I think the visit was so quick that I just completely forgot. I am regretting that now.

Shortly after Grandma and Grandpa Todd left, Memaw and Papa Burden showed up. They helped us paint the inside of our house! No more white! It looks fabulous--like right out of a magazine. My dad also installed a light in Tessa's room. So now there is a pretty butterfly/flower light and ceiling fan hanging in what was once a blank ceiling. Tessa again had tons of fun showing off and misbehaving.

Speaking of visitors, the Lord has filled me with His Spirit and taught me to forgive while giving me the opportunity to teach some of his younger children (teens). This age group is near and dear to my heart. Due to the Lord's timing, I will be teaching the teen girls in a Bible study. I have been given the "go ahead" to teach whatever I want. Because of the grace of God, I know what to do:

"Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the LORD had commanded Moses."
Deut 34:9

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. "
Eph 5:18-20

So I will be seeking the direction of the Lord through His Spirit. Pray for the teens--and me!

Peace.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am excited for you on this new journey and ministry! We will keep you and the teens in our prayers.

Any pics of the house?