Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another "Corny" Post

We had a great, sunny day! Tessa enjoyed playing at the park and with her new bubble machine. Boy am I glad that Tessa is a very independent player! To be honest, I was SO not in the mood to be a cool mommy today. I was doing good to keep Tessa from running with knives around the house. I just didn't want to have long conversations in what I call "Name-That-Word" speak. That is where Tessa says a word that I don't understand and she has to repeat it several times before I guess what she is saying. Like at dinner, for instance. She said what sounded like "boon". That is basically what blue and balloon sound like. I couldn't figure out WHY she was saying either of those words. I was just ignoring her, pretty much. Well, it turns out, she was saying "spoon" because hers had fallen onto the floor. It would help if she would try a little harder to communicate what she needs, but Tessa seems to take after her Daddy in this area. That is to say, she sits back and waits to see if you figure it out on your own. And if not, oh well. At least she could eat her corn without needing a spoon:


If you put corn on her plate, she pushes it around. If you put corn-on-the-cob on her plate, she cries when you take away the bare, gnawed down nub of a cob. But I have yet to get her to eat broccoli--even when I tell her it's really "little trees" like some magazines on parenting would have you believe works.

No comments: