Monday, November 9, 2009

Roads and Rubber

Do you ever wonder what you will do when the "rubber meets the road"? I guess I always thought the rubber meeting the road would be pretty big. Like loss of a job big. Or really bad hair day big. Suffice it to say, I was thinking B-I-G.


But I have come to realize that the Lord puts roads and rubber together in our lives to help us get movin' again. And boy have I been movin'. Anthony has been working 70 hour weeks for about a month now. He will be done a week from Tuesday. So that is when I can expect my next stop-to-fill-'er-up. In the mean time, I feel like God has been taking care of me like one of those mid-air refuel planes. I'm not stoppin', but somehow I'm not running out of gas. These little refuels have come in the form of good advice (thanks mom), encouarging words from friends (thanks Erla), moments to sit around a table and eat and laugh (thanks life group and Phillips), play dates at the park (thanks Christina), or fun nights out with no point (thanks Kristen A).


The biggest thanks goes out to Anthony whose sensitivity to a stay at home mom has been off the charts. He has come home from a long day and jumped right into dirty diapers, bath times, and countless rounds of pretending to be the prince while Tessa is the princess. Well, you are my prince, Anthony.


So it might not be BIG on the grand scale of things, but my tires are squealing. The Lord is moving me down that road that eventually ends in His perfection.


Thank you, everyone.

Thank you, Anthony.

Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I love this post. :)

Cindy said...

God is so good, eh? it's amazing just how stretchy you turn out to be - with his grace.

i love you kiddo.