Thursday, August 13, 2009

He Swallowed a Canary

Since we got back from Utah, the days have been flowing by. We've been busy with fun things, though. We took part in a meeting at the church building that was set up for feedback and thoughts concerning the direction our church should take. I've never been a part of something quite like that before. It was nice to hear what other people had been thinking and hoping. I hear we will be seeing some big changes soon. I have no idea what those changes will be, though.

I also started a book club. It's really fitting for me, actually. I love to read and am constantly reading 3 or 4 books at once. I also LOVE hanging out with friends. So I got a group of girls together and we have settled on our first book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo:

So far it is a very thought provoking and interesting read. And considering the wide range of religious backgrounds in the group, I am sure there will be a lot to talk about and think on. Yay! That is exactly what I had hoped for. That and making closer bonds with some of the women in my life. A worthy adventure.

We've also been to the doctor lately for Jack. Here's the thing. I am about to talk about his...ahem...privates. So skip to the next paragraph if you want to. It's strange, really. Jack's skin on his "little bottom" (as Tessa calls it) was trying to re-attach around the top of his, well, you know. They don't take as much off with the circumcision as they used to in our generation (thank you Priscilla for the info!). I guess it was causing trouble for men in the bedroom and so they changed their procedure. This can cause some trouble for the little guys that fall into Jack's category. Shall we say...robust? Anyway, I had to have my super handsome pediatrician expertly set it right. I SOOOO could have done what he did. I paid $20 for peace of mind. OK, and I got to see Dr. Krawcek. Whatever.

So, I have to say, before you watch this video, that this procedure happened AFTER Jack was making these sounds. Although, I think he has gotten louder and higher since that Dr.'s visit. (hahahaha).



Oh yeah, and Jack has two teeth! He got them about a week apart. I am posting a picture, but the second tooth is very faint. It is obvious now, but not so much when I took this shot.

That's food on his face. And boy does he love to eat! I should mention that he has dropped to the 60th percentile with weight according to our last doctor's visit. So my little tub-man is growing! Or shrinking. Whichever.

Tessa has been doing all things Tessa. She has been a terror and a wonderful example of why girls are so wonderful. All in the same day (sometimes in the same 10 minute stretch!). I am having to threaten her with time out constantly. It works 90% of the time. She almost always relents or does what she is told if you hang time out in the air over her head. We have a "responsibility chart" for her on the pantry door in the kitchen. She loves to mark off when she does things. One of the items is apologizing. I will pick her up to let her mark off "getting dressed" and she will lean her head on my shoulder and say, "I'm sorry, mommy" for no reason. It sounds exactly like it does when she is actually apologizing for something. Same intonation, same body language--everything. The girl is GOOD at manipulating.

But seriously, girls--aren't we all? ;)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!! i LOVE it!! man, jack can really squeal - and tessa can really act. looks like you guys are in for a fun ride.