Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kooza

For those of you I haven't told, Anthony and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last this last May. We had originally intended to go on a cruise, but it kinda fell apart when we had Jack. I know it's not impossible to be away from your baby while nursing for a week or so, but it's NOT something I wanted to do. So instead, we bought tickets to the best shows Denver had to offer for the rest of the year. One of those shows was Kooza by Cirque Du Soleil.



We went last night, and those performers never disappoint. It was so much fun. So funny, I was crying at times. There was one scene where a guy had a man from the audience come up on stage, and he proceeded to pick every pocket the guy had (he would show the audience each time he removed an item). He also removed the man's tie without him knowing it. I kid you not. It was hilarious. The poor guy was just returning to his seat when they called him back and he handed it all back. Even after the guy was aware his pockets had been picked, the performer was still able to pick a few of them again. I guess if I was up there, I would be a little distracted at standing in front of a packed crowd.


There was a man who danced with a woman while riding a unicycle. Sounds funny, but it was unreal how good he was.



Then there were these two guys who rode this two-wheel looking thing that rotated like a huge fan. Hard to describe. Anyway, there were a few moments that I was SURE they were going to fall and really get hurt. They were just flinging themselves through the air at impossible heights with no safety netting or wires or anything. It was stunning.




My favorite performance was by a man who built a tower out of chairs and had immense strength. It was breathtaking. Literally. I can't even use words to describe it. Sorry.

Lucky me, I get to go again with a friend on Tuesday. Which is great because we missed the very first act. We forgot to get cash for parking. Oh, and I forgot my wallet. Oh, and Anthony doesn't have an ATM card. So we had to drive around for a while. Did you know that they stop asking for money at events around 15 minutes after the show starts? Yeah. We got into the lot for free because we were lame-o and forgot our cash. So for future engagements, if I was REALLY cheap....(sorry, I fell out of my chair with laughter).

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow~! the photos are AMAZING!!