Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Todds In Real Life

A little of what's been going on lately...

I rented Enchanted for Tessa. She calls it "The Princess and Dragon Movie". I can't get the songs out of my head. And if I start humming them, Tessa wants to watch the movie. She loves this movie, which is so sweet. When the prince catches the princess, Tessa literally brought her hands together under her chin and sighed. Her eyes were big, and she was...well...enchanted.
Jack has just been the ultimate hang-out kid. He just loves being anywhere where he can watch us. Tessa is his favorite view. He will stare with his mouth hanging open and drool trickling down his chin as she whirls around the living room with her "prince". All she has to do is pause for a moment and make eye contact with him to send him into gleeful wiggles.

He has learned a new trick in his swing the last few days. Normally, he only sleeps in the swing. But yesterday, he discovered that, not only could he sit up rather than recline, but he could grab the pole of the swing to stop it. This had provided long stretches of F-U-N for Jack and pleasant quiet stretches for mom.
Here's he's saying, "Check it out, mom! I'm not laying down!!"
And then, "Oh yeah. Did you see that? Huh? Check it. That's my hand stopping the swing."
As a matter of fact, the kid likes swings in general.
We have had some good rain lately. This brings out the snails which in turn brings out Tessa. She is constantly carrying them around. I had to get a picture of her "family" which she named Daddy Snail, Mommy Snail, and Baby Snail.
Casey got a haircut. I have a before picture, but I haven't taken the after shot yet. I will post the change as soon as I do. Anthony had a good time acting like he didn't recognize Casey when he got home from work. Much to Tessa's consternation.

No comments: