Sunday, January 25, 2009

2008! Wasn't it GREAT?!?!?

On several blogs, I have seen this clever idea. You take the first few sentences of the first post of each month of the year 2008 and write them down. Did you get all that? So here goes!!!

January 2008
I thought I would post a few of my favorite pictures of Anthony and Tessa. I am very blessed that my daughter has a daddy who loves the Lord.

February 2008
Well, I had to get up in the middle of the night last night and do that parental duty of hunting for the foochshu. That is what Tessa calls her pacifier. We have no idea where it started and what got her calling it that, but it stuck. So here I am feeling around in the dark for this thing in the general direction Tessa is pointing. Eventually I turn on the light and look in every nook and cranny. I eventually found it in the crib with her. I'm still rolling my eyes.

March 2008
The hair monster struck at our house with a vengeance today. I have not included my photo in keeping with the "non-offensive" rating of this blog. Trust me on that one.

April 2008
Our little family has been blessed by the Lord lately.

May 2008
Tonight, Tessa experienced her first thunderstorm. Well, OK. It wasn't her first exactly, but it was the first she really noticed. She was in the living room reading a book to her baby doll when a huge clap of thunder slammed the house. I have never seen a more scared little girl.

June 2008
I have had insomnia for two weeks now.

July 2008
This evening Tessa was looking at Anthony's armpit hair with a puzzled expression on her face. After a few seconds, she pointed at the hair and said, "Daddy's dirty!" I had to laugh...and agree!

August 2008
Well, we drove to Clement Park today for a little sit-and-watch-Tessa-play good time.

September 2008
Wednesday was Tessa's first day of preschool. She was so excited about it. I think she had a whole lot of fun. Her teachers said she didn't nap, but sat quietly on her palate and read a book.

October 2008
OK. I know it's been a while since I've written anything new. But to be honest, there hasn't been a whole lot going on.

November 2008
The days around here continue to blend one into the next.

December 2008
Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything. I was kinda hoping to have my next post be a birth announcement. But it is taking FOREVER! I am sad to say, I am still pregnant.

All in all, a pretty good year! And I think it's funny how my posting gets more despondent as the time of pregnancy progresses. It's so much better now! Jack is sleeping for longer stretches at night. So at least there is hope for future sleep. He is smiling every time he wakes up and sees a face. He is also trying to talk. I think he may have found his fist recently and loves to wrap his mouth around it. Tessa loves making him smile and will get in his face and talk to him until he does. This produces lots of laughter and delight. I have caught Anthony ALMOST throwing Jack up into the air. When I told him he was scaring him, he assured me Jack was not the least bit scared. Uh-huh. We are just so blessed and one big happy family right now. Jack has turned out to be the sweetest, easiest baby. Maybe I feel that way because of how hard the pregnancy was towards the end, but I think it's true from an objective point of view, too.

Anyway, brag, brag, brag. Sorry about that. Have a great day!!

No comments: