Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love you, Grandma!


Today, Tessa reminded me of my grandma. I have been blessed with a very close relationship with my grandmother over the last several years. She is a bright light in my life. There is one aspect of her that shines the brightest, and that is her God-given gift of encouragement. My grandmother can encourage anyone. She has a beautiful way of finding the good in every situation, but mostly--she finds the good in me. No matter what. In this way, my grandmother is like Christ to me. If I ever need a pick-me-up, I can just call her on the phone, and she is ready to bolster my confidence in any way needed. I love you, grandma, for that!


So this is how I saw my grandmother in Tessa today. Tessa loves to watch me or Anthony do things. She always wants to know what we are doing. She particularly loves to follow her daddy around in the back yard while he is picking up after the dogs. For each successful "scoop", she applauds and congratulates him. She says "Yeah Daddy!!" and "Good job, Daddy!" and always runs into the house to share with me how great Daddy did. I think it's precious how easily she finds delight in the success of someone else--even someone picking up dog poop.


May you bask in the warmth of God's delight over you, his child.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so sweet!

Hopefully she will not encourage her little brother to do mischief! =)

Cindy said...

What a precious post. I am going to read it to mom. She will be so blessed. And tell Anthony I said, GOOD JOB, WAY TO GO!!

Mark Phillips said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!