Thursday, October 2, 2008

Expand your Brains!

OK. I know it's been a while since I've written anything new. But to be honest, there hasn't been a whole lot going on. Tessa is enjoying pre-school. She is learning some big things like:

1. Use markers on the paper, not your arms and face.
Apparently, Tessa was trying to draw on lipstick. The teacher turned to grab a towel to wipe it off, and when she turned back around the whole class was painting their lips. What can I say--she's a born leader!

2. Do not spit in the teacher's face when she tells you to do something you don't want to.
I still haven't found the words to say about this.

3. When the teachers say don't run, they have a reason.
Tessa's teachers had to file an accident report on her because she was running in the music room (even though they called her name and told her to stop) and fell and hit her head pretty hard. They were supposed to be hopping in a circle while shaking their maracas, but Tessa got too excited and lost control. Can you say "Windham"?

Somehow, she has also begun to realize that the closet is a dark and scary thing at night. She told me yesterday morning that there was a dragon in her closet. I had to open it and show her it was gone. Where did she learn that????

Anthony and I are busy learning, too. Anthony is learning how to be a supportive husband with a pregnant woman in the house all over again. He is also learning a lot about corporate worship. He is on a committee that was set up to reevaluate worship in church and what it should be about, etc. Meanwhile, I am learning about teen Bible studies and what makes them work. I am also learning fun ways to decorate pumpkins. I kinda don't like the whole scary carved face thing, so I am trying some non-traditional approaches. I will take pictures and post them soon.

Otherwise, it's the day-to-day around here!

No comments: