Monday, January 21, 2008

Weather the Weather

I just back from working out. Which is saying something tonight because the temperature is 3 degrees with a wind chill of -10 and falling. Unfortunately, my drive isn't far enough to get the car warmed up. Oh, and it's snowing.

Tessa and I both had fevers today. Tessa's was low-grade due to a cold. Mine was cabin due to a lack of anywhere to go. We made due by playing and whining and snuggling on the couch a lot. Tessa can totally out-whine me. We invented a new game today that I like to call the loud game. Tessa throws her head back and yells in an almost singing way, and I imitate her sound with my own yelling (I try to hit the same pitch as her and stop right when she does). This game entertained and tickled Tessa for about 10 minutes straight. She just couldn't get enough of the funny way it sounded for both of us to do that at the same time. There is no shame when you play with your toddler. You will go to great lengths to produce a giggle however undignified. Just my luck I happened to glance out the window as I threw my head back in a particularly lusty yell to make eye-contact with my neighbor's girlfriend. And after that was over, I had to ask myself, does smiling and waving in a friendly manner like nothing is amiss really make you look less crazy??

Still, I wasn't too worried. See, I happened to glance over into their house through the open window one night recently (our houses are really close together) to see the girlfriend in a very undignified position herself. And while she has no idea I saw her like that, it makes my embarrassing moment shrivel up and blow away in the hot wind of her prodigious faux pas.

On another note, did you hear about the guy that dove into the sewer after his wife's ring? It gets better. He stripped down to his underwear first. It gets even better. He didn't find it, so he came back that night with a wet suit and a strainer he made himself. Still no luck. Eventually, he hired a power vac truck to suck out the muck and dig around until they finally found it.

I was going to say something sarcastic and funny about that story, but I can't beat the story itself.

Well, ya'll stay warm!

No comments: