Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fu-un!

Tessa had her first experience finger painting today. So that means mommy did, too! And let me just say, Tessa's side of things is way more fun than mine. As she watched me spoon the primary colors into bowls, she kept saying, "WOW!!!" over and over. If I looked up at her, she would make a tiny "o" with her mouth and widen her eyes. I asked her if she would like to finger paint, and she gave me a very enthusiastic YES (those of you who know Tessa know what this sounds like). She might not have known what finger painting was, but if it had anything to do with the shiny globs of color in those bowls, she was game! At first she was very dainty. Tessa has never been one to enjoy stuff on her hands. But pretty soon she started relishing the feel of squishing her whole hand in the paint. Of course, immediately following a squish, she had to wipe her hands off on the damp paper towels I had out for her. Totally a girl!!


Another girl quality Tessa has is the love of mirrors. She will talk to herself in a mirror all day if you let her. She also likes to do tricks for her mirror self as you will see in video. Yesterday, she was giving her mirror self hair tips. She tried to make her hair stand up and was pulling it to the side and laughing at the reflection. She even put on a headband and put her hands out to side as if to say, "See, I told you we look good in this!". So I had to post the video I luckily captured of Tessa entertaining her window self after dinner tonight.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love her watching herself do a little dance! ha, ha!! she's sooo precious, and an obviously talented artist!

Melanie said...

She is so cute! I love her pigtails! You are brave with the finger paint. I would only do that outside, where a hose is nearby. Somehow with my boys it would be on the ceiling in no time!

Brett likes to watch "cousin Tessa."

Harley said...

The joys of parenthood. They will one day be gone,

Harley