Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crockin' It in My Jinnaps

I have been in the mood to make dinners this week in the crock pot. I love throwing frozen chicken in there and then dumping stuff on top of it only to pull it out as something yummy at dinner time. I love to cook, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I like to NOT cook. Know what I mean? Anyway, this morning, I loaded up the crock pot with the ingredients for beef stew in my pajamas. Or as Tessa calls them: my jinnaps.

Tessa loves to try saying words correctly. Most of the time. But every now and then, she sticks on something and doesn't care how many times you try to tell her the right way to say it--she's going to do it her way. Case in point--jinnaps. And then there's ee-tee-tee (elephant), calicopper (helicopter), checkups (ketchup), pitter pets (wonder pets), and nana (banana). And those are just the ones I can think of right now. Considering my short term memory bank is about as large as a note card...

And I have been having the strangest dreams lately. OK. Yes, I have always had strange dreams, but these take the cake. Like the other night when I had my cigarette dream. Now, I know that some of you are going to wrinkle your little foreheads and purse your lips over this one. But I have a recurring dream where I am smoking a cigarette. And I mean s-m-o-k-i-n-g it. Like, really dragging on it. And I am just loving the taste and feel of it. I have been having this dream off and on since I was preggers with Tessa. And no, I have never smoked--never wanted to! Weird, huh? What's even weirder is a conversation I had with my mom a few days ago:

Me: Did you hear that Obama's brother was arrested in Africa (I think)?

Mom: No, what for?

Me: Well, they aren't sure, but they found a joint on him so they're saying that's why.

Mom: Like a marijuana joint?

Me: Yes. Well, you know how Obama admitted to trying pot in college...

Mom: No. I hadn't heard that.

Me: Oh, well he said he did.

Mom: I've never done that myself. Have you?

Me: What, smoked pot?

Mom: Yeah.

Me: No!!!! I've never even smoked a cigarette! Except in my cigarette dream.

I don't know. I just looked back at it and realized my mom was ready to accept the fact that I had tried pot, but was much more weirded out by my cigarette dream.

Last night I dreamt I was Norman/Nick from American Idol. You know, the guy with the shiny shirt and matching red head and wrist bands. Yep. I dreamed I was him--swimming in the ocean. In a black wetsuit.

OooooKaaaay. Now that you all think I'm crazy...

2 comments:

Caren said...

Hey Jen, Funniest post I've read in awhile. Your next dream is going to be you and Norman/Nick smoking a doobie in space. Hope all is well with your big girl and your little man.

Abbie said...

Oh that's great! I'm a weird dream lover and I love you! :) I read that the frequency of your dreams correlates with your intelligence level. Let's say it's a proven fact and go with it.