Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The End of Something Big, The Beginning of Something Bigger

Well, the countdown to the end of my working days is here. I will be done with teaching (for a little while) come Thursday afternoon. Anthony is going to come to the school to help me walk my few little boxes out to the car in the snow-filled parking lot. And then he is going to take me to lunch and spend the afternoon with me.

And I am not feeling very sad, really. I am thankful to the Lord for his good lessons this semester. There are several things I learned at work about myself and God's will in my life. And how often can I say that?? To be honest, I have noticed most of my Christian walk is foggy and not always "spot-on". But what a dazzling view it is when the Lord gives me a little glimpse of the way ahead!! So beginning Friday the 21st, my job description will be stay-at-home-mom. Hey, don't they say the average person changes their careers at least 3 times in their working lives?

We will be taking off this Friday for Oklahoma and then after that, the great state of Texas (aka home). Our trip will be by rental car and portable DVD player. We will have the entire Wiggles collection memorized by the time we get back. Pray for us.

Take some time this Christmas to remember that the Kingdom is available to you because God's Word did not fail, but became man.

All Glory and Praise to Him who was slain!!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

boy you're not kidding - something definitely BIGGER is about to begin! i'm really excited that you are going to resume being a stay at home mom. I know you meant to go back to teaching right away, but I have to say I was soooo impressed with what a great mom you are and what a great 'professional homemaker' you became after tessa came along!

can't wait to see all of you in just a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!